Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Some Ramblings

The ups and downs have continued into this week. I blame it all on hormones. I lack energy and will power. I continue to have a positive outlook and don't plan on giving up. As long as I don't gain any weight, I will feel that I'm still being successful. I know this will pass in a few days and I'll be back to full steam ahead!

Synnove woke with a fever night before last, and a sore throat. She hasn't been feeling well ever since even though her fever was gone by morning. We still managed to have some friends over yesterday, and the kids got to play outside in the 65 degree weather! It seems as if Synnove just has a weird bug with a constant headache. She woke again this morning with a fever and her tummy hurting. I thought I would be in for a day of vomit clean-up, but it turns out she was just really really hungry. Her fever has gone, but she still has a headache. Child sicknesses baffle me sometimes, but I'm so glad that at least she's able to communicate her suffering. When she was a baby I would always spend time wondering, worrying, and trying to figure out the root problem. But, it has turned out many times that Adam's intuition is better than my own. Or maybe he's just able to assess child situations in a calmer manner?

I'm so thankful for my husband. He brings more to the table than just the bacon, and I certainly couldn't survive as well as I do without him. I honestly didn't think that a marriage could be so completely successful in every way. As we get older and continue to learn more about each other, life gets easier, and I fall more deeply in love with him. And do you know what the best part is? We're the only two people in the entire world that get to experience the kind of life that we have. And it's all because of God's grace and answer to prayer.

1 comment:

Colie said...

I hope Synnove is all better! We've been kind of sick the last few days. Nothing awful but not feeling the best.

It is so great that you and Adam are still going strong! Having a supportive husband makes everything a zillion times easier!