Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Novie's Birthday

Sorry folks, I said I would get these pics up yesterday (on her REAL birthday), but my internet stopped working and we had to have someone come and fix it.

Last weekend was quite a weekend. Our friends, the Carrolls, came from Corvallis on Saturday to stay with us and to go to Synnove's party on Sunday. It was great having them over! We made pizza, Jessica helped with the party prep, Jeremy and Adam had fun going on a hike, and the kids tried their best to play nice. Over 40 people had RSVPd for the party, so I was a little overwhelmed. Also, Chris was planning to come over a few hours before the party to cut a difficult tree down for us. SO, the husbands were no help with the kids, but everything seemed to get done in time.
Synnove LOVED her party. In fact, she thanked me several times that evening, and even the next day. She loved having her "best friend" Jailey over as well.
Opening the gift Jailey got her...and...

...The card...the girls on the front look like Novie and Jailey!!
Cousin Alice is wearing the perfect shirt for the occasion...
Synnove wanted a "Maggie and the Ferocious Beast" themed party. Unfortunately, that is an older show and you can't find party supplies for it anymore. But, there's always Ebay!!


A room shot...nice face Ann...

Another room shot...

3 of Synnove's Great-Grandmothers

My mom-in-law, Patty, gave Synnove a "Chatty Patty" from back in the day. She must have saved it. Anyway, after pulling the string to make it talk, I realized that I had one when I was a little girl as well! Imagine that.

She got a new slide to replace the one that got run over by the lawn mower!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had so much fun at your party! Thanks for letting us spend the night.
Jessica