Friday, January 16, 2009

Precious Moments

Synnove
Sometime last week Synnove woke feeling sick to her stomach. Turns out she was just really hungry, and some crackers cured her. Anyway, later that morning, she was still not 100% and had some really bad cramps while going to the bathroom. I stood there with her and she pipes up and says...
"Does Jesus make my tummy hurt?"
I say "I don't think He wants our tummies to hurt, but sometimes He allows them to hurt."
Then, after a long pause she says...
"I think I should ask FiFi (Heidi--one of her favorite cousin's) to ask Jesus into her tummy."
It then dawned on me that she thought that Jesus was REALLY in her "tummy." and I said...
"Well, I think that would be a good thing to do" and tried explaining further (probably unsuccessfully).

Soren
Every night it's my job to put Soren to bed. And, like most nights these days, he always has things to add to our nightly prayers. Half the time I can't even understand him because of that darn "guckie" in his mouth. Anyway, last night we said our prayers and I laid him in bed and reminded him that Jesus loved him very much...even more than daddy, mama, and Novie. And then he adds..."and Soren too..." Then I pinched his nose with a goodnight and he pats his chest and says excitedly, "God is on my heart!" I reassured him that "yes, Jesus is in your heart" and left the room misty-eyed trying to recall a time when Adam or I ever told him about Jesus being in our hearts...nothing came to mind.

No comments: