Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Grandma's House: Before and After

I keep forgetting that I need to post before and after photos of the work Wendey and I did at our Grandma's house back in October! I wanted to wait until she got her new carpet and blinds, so I took the after shots just before Christmas.

I did the same paint treatment on her fireplace as I did on mine. The before pic was taken halfway through the first step and you can see a better pic of her fireplace in my August 23rd 2008 blog entry. We put liquid sand on the paneling, then primed and painted for a lovely blue accent wall. Notice the new carpet...and she got a new love seat (our color inspiration for the entire house).

My grandparents also have this same brick on the entry of their house, and we're contemplating doing the same treatment there too! Here's a close-up of the fireplace...

All of Grandmas walls were plain white. We painted the entire dining room a brick color and added the mirror. We also picked out her new fixture and Travis (Wendey's husband) installed it for us. The shades the chandelier came with were too dark, so I found some cream-white ones at Ross.


In 4 days, we painted the living room, dining room, entry, hall, trim, and doors! Some of the trim still needs to be finished, but I think it turned out very nicely. We took down her old drapes and Grandma ordered new shades for her living room and dining room. We're still in the process of searching for swags/valances.


After we finished, Grandma went ahead and had a friend come and paint two of her bedrooms. We still have some work to do, but we got a really great start. Grandma's happy and we were more than happy to do it, so that's all that matters!

No comments: