Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas Marathon Part 6

This year I decided to start a new tradition with Adam's family and have a Christmas celebration at our house the weekend before Christmas. In years passed, we have all had a hard time trying to find a time/place that doesn't conflict with our other plans. For our family, Christmas is a very very busy time and I wanted to fully enjoy Christmas again and not feel stressed about where we had to drive next. Fortunately, everyone in Adam's family was on board...but the weather wasn't. When the weather cleared, I rescheduled for the weekend after Christmas, but that ended up not working either. SO, I rescheduled again to have it last weekend, and everyone agreed. I was completely "t-o'd" when the snow started DUMPING at our house on Thursday night! I had to brave the roads Friday morning to take Charlie in to Astoria to get neutered going 25 mph during the entire 12ish mile stretch. I became very worried that Adam's family wasn't going to be able to make it the next day. It snowed even more that night and was even colder on the day everyone was to arrive. But, much to my surprise, Adam's sister Faith arrived with her family somewhere around 10:00 from Battle Ground! The rest of the fam arrived 3-4 hours later. I was so happy that everyone made it and that this Christmas feast was actually going to happen! And, best of all, it turned out like I hoped it would. It was relaxing, fun, and the food was good! Unfortunately, being the host means not getting as many pictures as I would have liked...but here's a few that turned out alright...

This is Adam's beautiful mother, Patty

I gave Faith and Chris an album of pictures from their wedding

Here's Soren complaining about eating the skin of his ham...

I wish I had a bigger dining room/table

No comments: