Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I'm Having a Lazy Day

Things I've done...A survey....

Started your own blog – Duh

Slept under the stars – I have, but not for an entire night

Played in a band – From 5th grade till I was a Sophomore in college...clarinet

Visited Hawaii – Nah...I don't look too good in a bathing suit

Watched a meteor shower – Yes

Been to Disneyland/world – Disneyland twice, Disneyworld once, and EURODisney once

Climbed a mountain - You know, when I was visiting Austria I climbed the "mountain" to get to the salt mines...I think I'll take the tram next time.

Held a praying mantis – Uh...NO

Sang a solo - Quite a few unfortunately

Bungee jumped – Never

Visited Paris – Yes

Watched a lightning storm at sea – Never at sea...but near the sea...does that count?

Taught yourself an art from scratch – I learned how to cross-stitch...but that's pretty easy, and I don't really know if it's an art.

Adopted a child – No

Had food poisoning – I was at preschool...they took us on a field trip to McDonald's. 1/2 of us were throwing up on the way home. And despite many reports of food poisoning to McDonald's, they denied it.

Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty – Saw her from a plane once

Seen the Mona Lisa in France – Yeah, but it's was amongst a huge crowd of people. Who knew such an ugly painting would be the most popular at the Louvre?

Slept on an overnight train – Twice. I wouldn't recommend it.

Had a pillow fight – I've been in a handful

Hitchhiked – no

Taken a sick day when you’re not ill – I think I might have used that excuse in College a couple of times when I stayed up way too late the night before.

Built a snow fort – Nope

Held a lamb – only petted one

Gone skinny dipping --Have YOU??

Been to a Broadway show in NY – I went to 3 in London

Been in three states at once - Nope

Ridden in a gondola in Venice – Naw...seemed like a waste of souvenir money

Seen a total eclipse - Yes, a total lunar eclipse...but I'd love to live to see a solar one someday.

Watched a sunrise or sunset – Seen many beautiful sunsets when I worked at the Shilo in Seaside during winter breaks.

Hit a home run – Maybe once or twice

Been on a Cruise – No

Seen Niagara Falls in Person -No

Visited the birthplace of your Ancestors – No

Seen an Amish community – No

Taught yourself a new language – No

Had enough money to be truly satisfied – Money-Shmuney...

Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person- No

Gone rock climbing – Not my bag

Seen Michelangelo’s David – Yeah, I was really impressed with how HUGE the statue was...I had no idea!

Sung karaoke - once or twice

Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt – No

Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant – I recall buying a vagrant some Cheetos when me and some friends were stranded with a "nearly" broken down car in some remote central Oregon location.

Visited Africa – Don't really have a desire to go there

Walked on a beach by moonlight - Ahh...young love

Been transported in an ambulance- Sadly, yes...when I hurt my back 2 years ago. How humiliating.

Gone deep sea fishing – I'll leave that to the professionals

Seen the Sistine Chapel in person – I wanted to take a picture so badly...but was afraid of getting in trouble.

Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris – We made it on the last trip up for the night...it was lovely at dusk.

Gone scuba diving or snorkeling – Nope

Kissed in the rain -Adam and I enjoyed our young romance =)

Played in the mud – A couple of times as a kid...but, for the most part, I always liked to be clean.

Been to Grace Kelley’s grave in Monaco- Uhh...no

Gone to a drive-in theater – There was one in Newberg where I went to college...but I never went.

Visited the Great Wall of China- no

Started a business- no

Taken a martial arts class- no

Swam in the Mediterranean Sea- no

Visited Russia- no

Served at a soup kitchen- no

Sold Girl Scout cookies – yeah, but Girl Scouts fizzled for me after only 1 year

Gone whale watching-While on the fairy in BC I saw a handful of whales...we were on a high school band trip.

Gotten flowers for no reason – maybe once for no reason whatsoever

Donated blood, platelets or plasma – No...but maybe someday

Gone sky diving - Never

Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp – Dachau in Germany...very creepy and sad.

Bounced a check – Never on purpose

Saved a favorite childhood toy – Not so much toys, but childhood mementos

Visited the Lincoln Memorial – No

Eaten Caviar - sounds yucky

Pieced a quilt – too tedious for me

Stood in Times Square- no

Toured the Everglades- no

Been fired from a job - laid off

Seen the Changing of the Guards in London – I missed that to go see Les Miserables

Broken a bone – only toes

Been on a speeding motorcycle – Of course.

Seen the Grand Canyon in person-no

Published a book- no

Visited the Vatican – Obviously, if I've been to the Sistine Chapel

Bought a brand new car - Nope

Walked in Jerusalem- no

Had your picture in the newspaper – yes

Read the entire Bible- I'd like to say yes...

Visited the White House – No

Killed and prepared my own meat – No, I let daddy and hubby do that.

Had chickenpox- I didn't get them till the 8th grade. Me, my sis, and bro all had them at the same time. I remember laying on the living room floor with a big blanket and lots of pillows and watching The Great Race over and over again.

Saved someone’s life – Maybe unknowingly!

Sat on a jury - I've always managed to get out of it.

Met someone famous - I met Randy Travis while in Vegas. And no, I'm not a country fan, he just happened to be in the hotel lobby.

Joined a book club- no

Lost a loved one- yes

Had a baby- yes

Seen the Alamo in person- no

Swam in the Great Salt Lake- no

Been involved in a law suit –No, but I did have to identify a suspect once. I didn't pick out the right guy...so they didn't ask me to testify. Thank goodness!!

Owned a cell phone- My boyfriend (Adam) bought me my first cell phone when I was a junior in college so that we could save on long distance charges. It was pink =)

Been stung by a bee- I only recall being stung once at the Regatta Parade back when I was like 10. It was totally unprovoked.

No comments: