Saturday, December 5, 2009

I Used to Find SO Many Things to Blog About...

...and I suppose I still do. However, I'm having a hard time finding the time. This last week has been wondrous. I've been able to do laundry, lounge in my jammies, cook dinner, and tuck my babies into bed. The entire month of November painted a completely different picture, and I was utterly overwhelmed.

As you all know, I started my own Mary Kay business a few weeks back. And I can honestly say that I'm really enjoying myself. God has a way of preparing us for such ventures, and I know that the details of my life, especially over the past year, have led me to where I am today. I certainly didn't see it coming. It was never my dream to sell skincare and cosmetics. Never. I wish I had the words and the time to fully convey...*sigh*....nevermind.

I almost don't want to share anything at all. I don't want people to half listen to me thinking that I have ulterior motives to sucker them out of their hard-earned money. My biggest fear is that people are going to avoid me like the plague. It is not my intent to "sell" anyone anything...that's not the part of the business I like so much. And, I guess, that's the part I'm leaving up to God. My part is to share what I know and love about Mary Kay, let people try out the products, and hope that they love them as much as I do.

Mary Kay wasn't the only thing occupying my time last month. As I blogged about earlier, Adam was hunting and fixing broken cars, and I was juggling between MK, wallpapering, painting, and Bunco! If it wasn't one thing, it was another. I suppose the hardest part is living out in Svensen. It's not just a quick jaunt to ANYwhere, it's always a 20-30 minute drive. We spent many evenings bathing the kids at Grandma's before heading home with them in their jammies. Thanksgiving was a welcome break, and now we're finally getting back into the swing of things. But, with Christmas on the way, "normal" won't really return for another month or so.

We're getting our tree today! I'm looking forward to getting into the Christmas spirit. For some reason, I'm not as into it as usual. Maybe it's the lack of funds?? Ha ha! 'Tis the season!

No comments: