Wednesday, December 16, 2009

On the 1st Weekend of Christmas...

The first weekend in December was jam-packed full of fun! We had several plans for Saturday, but we ended up ditching them all for varying reasons. So, we spent the whole of Saturday getting the house ready for Christmas. We had heard of a u-cut tree place way out in Brownsmead, so we headed out late morning, hoping to find some signs to follow. We ended up at Aldrich Point Dairy and found the perfect Noble Fir for $25!

The kids really enjoyed decorating the tree this year. I wasn't as into it, and didn't care how the tree looked. In fact, I only put out a couple of decorations. We didn't even put lights on the house. I don't know what my deal was. That all changed last week when my parents' house flooded when a pipe broke in their attic during the freeze. I volunteered to have Christmas at our house! Sitting 30 people down to dinner will be a bit of a challenge...but I'm up for it!

On Sunday (the 6th), we headed up to Vancouver to Steve's house for a Christmas party. Patty even invited Santa and Mrs. Claus over for the fun! The kids were so surprised when he and his wife arrived! Soren was a bit reserved at first and wouldn't even sit in the picture with all the kids. Synnove enjoyed visiting with Mrs. Claus for the majority of the time that they were there. Santa gave each of the kids a gift while they sat on his knee and asked him for what they really wanted for Christmas. Before the afternoon was over, EVERYone had sat on Santa's knee...including Steve's reluctant sons and their wives.


Once Soren saw that Santa wasn't so bad and that each kid was getting a gift, he started to like him. I even caught a picture of him on Santa's lap...smiling!
Synnove loved Santa this year! She was a bit shy as usual, but was anxious to go up and talk with him. He really was a great Santa...with a real beard!
The party was nice. We got to meet Steve's 2 son's and their families, and hope to meet his daughter soon. We all enjoyed cookies, candy, and cheese fondue! However, while eating some cheese, my crown popped off! I have a root canal scheduled for after the new year. Merry Christmas to me!!

No comments: