Thursday, December 31, 2009

One of Each

Christmas is always a maxed-out holiday for us. Of course, I have quite a few pictures. So, I only chose one picture from each Christmas event to share...

On the 22nd, we traveled the icy highway to Camp 18 for dinner with my immediate family. We then opened gifts from each other at Mom and Dad's. Their house is all torn up from the water damage, but Mom still put up a little tree with a few decorations. Below is a pic of us all at Camp 18.


Christmas Eve was spent at our house this year. I really enjoyed having everyone over. I think there were 26 people in all...and EVERYone was able to sit down for dinner! This was also the first year we decided to play the "gift game!" I think it was a hit! After gifts, some of us girls decided to do MK makeovers! Fun fun! Below is a pic of the "adult table" in the living room. I had to do some rearranging of some furniture =)

Mom, Dad, Elise, and Henry (Chris had to work) stayed the night Christmas Eve so that we could do our traditional Christmas morning with stockings. Mom brought her stockings from home and the kids got gifts in 2 different stockings (ours and hers). Soren also gave his pacifiers to Santa this year (just like Synnove did last year). Below is a pic of Dad reading the letter Santa gave Soren for giving him his "guckies."

After opening stockings, we all headed over to Grandma Barb's house. I just realized I didn't take the opportunity to snap photos of her kitchen all finished..oops! It looks 100% better than it did before!! Anyway, Great Grandma Backe's health has been steadily declining, and hasn't been over to the house in quite some time. She made it over for Christmas dinner! Below is a pic of her coming in to see Grandma's kitchen all redone (it was the first thing she wanted to see when she walked through the door). Of course, she loved it. Tay was excited to see her, and snuggled with her on the couch for a bit.

The next day, we made the trip to Steve's house in Vancouver to spend Christmas with Adam's family. I thought we were just going to be there for a short time to open gifts since Patty had already hosted Christmas the day before. Little did I know, they all waited to celebrate with us! We had a full Christmas dinner and spent the entire day visiting! We were even able to make it home by 8:30...just in time to put the kids to bed.

2 comments:

Brian, Stacey and Shelby said...

I just wanted to say that I always loved your Grandma Barb.. such a special lady! Give her hugs for me :)

Looks like lots of Christmas fun! Happy New Year to you!

Colie said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! It was fun to see all your festivities!