Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Synnove's Room: Before and After

We have finally finished Synnove's room (minus a couple of small details)! It all started the day we took possession of the house. Chris and I quickly painted her room before we were to move in. It wasn't until this last weekend that Adam and I ripped up the carpet and put in her new flooring (my birthday present). We worked hard all day Saturday, and then we began putting in the moulding after I came home from the Great Columbia Crossing. We were a few feet short, so I headed to town yesterday to pick up more. Unfortunately, I got a flat tire, and the whole day was completely shot. Ugh...what a day! Anyway, Adam came home from work today with enough time to finish up. I just now touched up the paint and finished replacing Synnove's things. The flooring (laminate purchased at Costco) turned out beautifully, despite a couple of minor installation issues. Installing a floor was a first for us!

These 2 photos were taken about a year before we bought the house.


These photos were taken 15 minutes ago...



Woo Hoo!! One room down...the rest of the house to go!

4 comments:

Marisa said...

All I can say is WOW! What an amazing room. The work was worth it from the view over here.

weesie said...

It looks fantastic sissy! WOW That flooring makes the room complete!! It's AWESOME! Good job guys! :)

Unknown said...

I sure like the color. And the closet looks good too. There's something about the new flooring against the white walls that makes the room feel bigger. I sure like the rustic look of it. Good Job Browns ! :) mom

Anonymous said...

looks great! When are you coming over here and helping me do some painting and redecorating? Seriously I need some help
Jessica