Thursday, October 22, 2009

Owl Sighting

Last night Adam went outside to go searching for a pesky opossum that had been stealing all of Charlie's food and bugging the chickens. He was not out there 30 seconds when I heard him yelling..."NICOLE!!! Get the camera!!" I hurried on my shoes and headed outside to find he had spotlighted an owl. The owl didn't seem to care that he was shining lights at him and that I was getting very close to snap several pictures. I have to admit, it was pretty neat.

Barred Owl...better known as the "Hoot Owl"


2 comments:

Suzi said...

How utterly cool it that! I've had them swoop over me before, but never seen one in lights. I tell you the swoop thing is weird. You don't hear anything until it quietly swoops over you. ...do owls that size eat chickens?
...auhh, life in the sticks... the only way to live. :)

weesie said...

WAY COOL!!!!