Friday, May 15, 2009

Speaking of Oxi-Clean...

First...a little background...

My brother has recently started up his own little business venture. Since he's a very busy boy otherwise, he needed to find a way to make money that didn't require him to go to a job every day. So, a friend of his got him started up with Quixtar...aka Amway Global. Now, I was a bit skeptical of the whole thing to begin with, but after some research and a very impressive presentation, I felt that Henry could have found something successful. ANYway, many of the products are a bit on the spendy side...however, the products are very good. They have everything ranging from vitamins, cosmetics, cookware, peanut butter, toilet paper, sunscreen, laundry soap, energy drinks...well...you name it! And, most of their many food/vitamin products are 100% organic (like SUPER organic) and ALL are 100% American made.

Henry had an open house about a month ago where his mentor and his wife came and brought many of the thousands of products that they sell. There were food samples as well. Anyway, I spent a lot of time talking to the wife because I wanted her to tell me why the products were better than the ones I can buy at the store. I loved how she didn't talk to me like she was trying to sell me something. She showed me a wide array of products and the bonus of buying them. And I would love to go into detail about what she told me, but I'll spare you...for now.

Now, I finally got around to ordering a few things on Monday afternoon. I pride myself in finding a good bargain, so I made sure I wasn't spending a ridiculous amount of money for anything on my list. I even got out my calculator! ANYway, I ordered on Monday afternoon, and received it on Wednesday morning! I ordered a few things including dishwashing tabs, lemon flavored animal cookies (yummy!), and a bunch of laundry stuff. The laundry stuff was what I was most interested in trying out. The gal at the open house was telling me all about the various items (detergent, boosters, spray treatments, etc) and I was quite intrigued when she told me that the enzyme spot treatment/spray and all fabric bleach were just plain awesome. She, being the mother of 5.75 kids (8 mo pregnant) would know! She said that those treatments had like 3 times the power of the leading brand (Oxi-Clean) and that they get out EVERYthing. She said "trust me...EVERYTHING!" and she proceeded to tell me a few stories. So, I just had to try them.

Like many mothers/wives, I spend a lot of time in the laundry room trying to get out tough stains. I'll often wash a garment several times, as well as, soak, scrub, or even throw away. Grease stains are the most stubborn of all, but my husband thinks that my grease fighting powers are unparalleled. But, when I washed AND dried a whole tube of Burt's Bee's chapstick with a load of dark clothes, my title as "grease-fighting champion" was defeated...but not for lack of trying. I washed a handful of those garments (one being a dress shirt of Adam's) 3-4 different times after using "Greased Lightning," dish soap, hot water, and a toothbrush. I finally told Adam, "I think your shirt is beyond repair." He was understanding, but sad that it was ruined. The shirt had grease spots everywhere...I bet there were at least 50.

So, I got all the stuff on Wednesday and finally decided to try the spray spot treatment on the shirt last night. The treatment is in an aerosol can, so it is easily and frugally applied (unlike Oxi-Clean spray). It took me a good few minutes to spray all the spots. I had little hope it would work as "Greased Lightning" gets out virtually any grease stain...PLUS this shirt had been washed AND DRIED 4 times! I didn't actually wash it for another 20 minutes so that the spray could do it's magic...no scrubbing. I washed it, and then put it in the dryer before I went to bed. This morning, I woke to find the shirt virtually SPOT-FREE! I kid you not, I opened the dryer door, pulled the shirt out, and my eyes popped out of my head in disbelief!! I knew that I had missed a few spots in the initial test because there was so many, but I'm confident that those few spots will be gone next time. TAKE THAT BILLY MAYS!!






NOTE: I put a clarification of the products I purchased on THIS blog entry...so read it before you decide to order.

To order, all you have to do is sign up on Henry's website (just like you do for any other website you order from) and order. There are tons of everyday products (many come in bulk/or concentrate) to choose from, you just have to search. I found most of the products I ordered under the "home" tab. You can also visit a wide array of partner stores such as Barnes and Noble, and Bass Pro Shops, Office Depot, Sony, Shop.com, 1-800-contacts, Joann, and MANY more. Just by ordering on those sites through Henry's website gives him credit (not necessarily monetary) towards his business.

1 comment:

Colie said...

That is amazing Nicole! I may have to try this out:-). Good sister!