Saturday, May 2, 2009

Pillow Lessons

The whole reason I got my new, unused, sewing machine out in the first place was to make a pillow to match the cute valance I made for my basement. Turns out, sewing is much harder than I thought, and I needed a few lessons before tackling a pillow with trim. Mom started me with a mini-pillow that Synnove now uses with her babies. I then went on to make my fabulous pot-holder thingy that was actually quite difficult! After that, I took a long break from the sewing machine...then started back up again last week. Mom came over and we made a fun pillow for my brother.
And this week she came over again, and we finally made the pillow I had been wanting to make since the beginning. I used the $3 upholstery fabric I had used for the valance, matching rope/cording/trim, and some stuffing from old couch pillows. The whole project took about 2 1/2 hours! Next, I plan to make matching drapery tie-backs.
Nice trim job...for a beginner
Way too impressed with myself. My pillow is 2nd from the left.

THANKS MOM!!

1 comment:

weesie said...

This bottom picture looks like Synnove. You are so proud of your pillow. AND YOU SHOULD BE :)
Very cute