Thursday, May 7, 2009

Weightloss...Revisited

As much as I thought blogging would help my progress, I have still failed. I have a handful of excuses, but none of them are great enough to heal all of the bumps and bruises I collected when I fell off the wagon this time.

The beginning of the end happened in late February when the cold/flu season decided to reign supreme on the Brown Household for a couple of months. But, we've been healthy for at least 6 weeks now, and I haven't found the motivation to start up again, full speed ahead. I tried, really, I did. I lost my momentum and got discouraged. I will say, however, that my attitude towards diet/exercise has evolved into something much more healthy, and I'm not beating myself up about my failure....too much.

In diets passed, I have often let myself go...completely. I end up gaining much of the weight back. This time, I only gained 5 back....but I'm still eating like a horse who likes to eat cake, cheese, and lots of bread and butter. Initially, when the sicknesses started to come, I maintained fairly well. Then one cold turned into 4+ colds! In fact, I'm battling a cold right now...and winning :)

Anyway, for some odd reason, I just didn't have ANY motivation to do much of anything. I don't know why...in fact, I found it kinda weird. I wasn't even motivated to do my normal housework, or do any of the fun projects I have waiting for me. Slowly, my motivation is returning, and I feel fairly confident that I can start up again successfully. Summer is fast approaching, and I don't do well with focused diet/exercise in the summer...so I need to start now so that I have some decent momentum by the time summer really hits. We'll see.

I'm gonna try my best to start up tomorrow. Wish me luck!!

No comments: