Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Longing for Summer

This morning, the kids slept in. It was nice. I woke before they did, and Soren woke shortly after. I went downstairs to his bed to snuggle with him while we waited for Synnove to stir. I opened his blinds and he promptly said, with much inflection, "It's a beautiful day outside!"

For some reason, we stayed in our jammies for most of the morning. Usually, even if it's pouring outside, Synnove begins to beg to play outside shortly after breakfast. Anyway, I spent the morning doing laundry and vacuuming up pink and blue Easter grass. As usual, the kids created their own fun. I took a shower and got out to find that the kids had ventured out onto the deck. They had found some blankets and decided to lay outside in the sun. They can't wait for summer. When the sun comes out, Synnove will often ask, "can we play in the pool today?" even if it's 40 degrees out. Well, the sun was out intermittently this morning, so they figured it was a good time to lay outside and catch some rays. I snapped a picture and then checked the outside temp. It was 44 degrees.

No comments: