Thursday, July 29, 2010

While Mom's Away...

While I was at Creation, Adam stayed home and played with the kids. He had planned a handful of things, including camping out in the field, and going on some hikes. On Friday they went and got some rocks for the house (landscaping? wall-building?) and discovered a field of foxgloves.


On the way back, they stopped at Hunt's Market to pick up some necessary items for dinner. I was so busy last week that I didn't have time to go to the grocery store and left Adam with an empty fridge.

That night they pitched the tent in the field and Adam built a little coffee can cook stove for the kids to heat hot chocolate and roast marshmallows. They were so excited to sleep with Daddy outside...and Charlie. They left the waterproof top off the tent so they could sleep under the stars (sort of).

Soren as he woke up the next morning...drool and all...

That day they did chores around the house, went on another hike (I think) and then headed to the beach in Warrenton after a much needed nap. That night the kids begged Adam to sleep in the tent another night, but he was so tired from the night before that they ended up in the house.
The next morning they headed to church and I made it home 15 minutes after they got back. They were full of fun stories to tell me. I hope one day they realize what a rare and wonderful daddy they have.

1 comment:

Suzi said...

I hope they do too! :)