Monday, July 19, 2010

SO Excited!

A couple of things...

One:
It's been a loooong time coming and I'm finally getting a new dryer! I bought my dryer well-used back in 2001 from a gal that went to my home church. I think I paid like $100 for both the washer and dryer. They weren't a matched set and the washer, thankfully, went out back in 2005. It was an off-brand washer that had to be babysat so that it wouldn't overfill. My dryer has been making a high pitched whine for at least 3 years now, and almost died back when we moved here two years ago...but, for some reason, it decided to work for two more years. In the last couple of weeks the sounds coming from the laundry room have gone from annoying to absolutely unavoidable! I think the rollers are broken. And, instead of fixing it, we opted to get a new one because it often leaves rust marks on clean clothes. No, I'm not getting a fancy one or anything, but the one I just ordered actually has adjustable heat settings!

Two:
I JUST ORDERED MY FANCY CAMERA!!!!! I wasn't planning on getting it until the fall, but for our anniversary last week, Adam told me that I just needed to go buy it. I had already saved almost half of the money needed from my MK business, and the rest would come out of all the spare change I could find between the couch cushions...lol! I did a bunch of research and knew that I would get one of two models...either the Nikon D5000 or the Canon Rebel T1i. Both were very comparable and similar in price. Most everyone that I've talked to about DSLRs who actually have a DSLR have a Nikon (older models or higher models) and like them a lot. So, I thought I was leaning towards the Nikon. It took a while for me to weigh the pros and cons of each camera because each camera excelled in different things. It was a headache...mostly because I know so little about photography! In the end, the Canon stood out for me. Unfortunately, I don't have the extra cash to get the additional lens I want to get...but that will come in time. Thanks for the splurge honey!!! I CAN'T WAIT TILL IT ARRIVES!!!

2 comments:

Kami said...

You will love the upgrade!! I won't judge you that you ended up with a Canon =). Enjoy!

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh, I want a new camera sooo bad! How are you liking it? Because I was leaning toward the Nikon too...

Miss you lots and would love to have a girl's night/weekend/anything with you, Nattie, and Mandy this Fall. Let me know!