Friday, July 16, 2010

The Past Week

You know you're life is busy when you have to check your calendar to see what you did the day before. We're having lots of fun in this semi-beautiful weather, and have been taking advantage of every day.

Last Saturday we invited Chris, Tonya, Faith, Elise, and Chris over for a little BBQ. Chris B. ended up not being able to come, but we had fun anyway. As usual, the kids were overjoyed to have a friend to play with. The kids played outside for a while until dinner, then they had a bath together and watched a movie downstairs while the rest of us visited and watched a movie upstairs.
 
On Sunday we all went to church for the first time in a while. No, we haven't been playing hooky...but have been either sick, out of town, or camping for the last two months. We took separate cars to church as I had a baby shower to attend, and Adam and the kids were gonna go island fishing with Dad. The weather wasn't the greatest, but they caught enough sun to put on their swimsuits for a while. However, they didn't manage to catch a keeper.


On Monday Synnove had Grace over to play in the afternoon and then Adam and the kids went to Grandma and Grandpa's for dinner. I had to stay home because I had an appointment with a gal at our house. I had arranged for the kids to stay the night at Grandma and Grandpa's because I had a dentist appointment the next day and would have brought the kids over the next morning anyway. Adam came home with flowers that evening...thanks honey :)
Tuesday was Adam and I's 8th wedding anniversary. I opted to skip my MK meeting so I could spend some time at home. After my dentist appointment I stopped at the store to get some stuff for dinner and then picked up the kids. They had spent the morning picking berries, fixing the sprinkler system, and going to DQ (go figure). That night Adam and I mowed the lawn, split wood, and stacked it. Nothing like quality outdoor family time on our anniversary!
Wednesday I had planned a playdate with Jenna and JR. I was really looking forward to visiting with Cassie and letting the kids play! That morning Soren woke up not feeling good. I passed it off as morning hunger/gas (he's been having issues with that lately). He's not much of a breakfast eater, so when he willingly ate some Wheat Thins I figured he was fine. He threw them up 20 minutes later. I cancelled our playdate and we watched TV and movies on the couch all day. It was a beautiful day too! Synnove was bummed that her buddy was sick, but found things to do on her own. Soren got sicker as the day progressed and was throwing up green by midnight. He was such a trooper though...I don't think he complained once, and only cried when he accidentally hit his lip with his heavy tractor toy. He slept on the couch that night and woke with an appetite on Thursday morning. Thank you Jesus!
Yesterday we got our driveway sealed. There was much debate between Adam and I on whether or not we should pay to have it done. We have a fairly large driveway (roughly 4500-5000 square feet) and it is (was) covered in moss. We decided that it was going to be a fairly large undertaking for us to try to do it on our own, and much more headache than the savings would be worth. With all their big machines and expertise, the driveway was cleaned and sealed in 3 1/2 hours. It looks beautiful!
Adam came home fairly early last night so that I could race to Gearhart for a little MK party. He spent the evening with the kids going on a hike in search for treasures. The came home with a handful of elk teeth. I made it home in time to find Adam splitting more wood and the kids climbing trees. Even after being sick the day before, Soren was back to his old self.
And, tonight, Adam and I are going on a date for our anniversary! The kids don't know it yet, but Fi Fi is coming over to babysit. I love that when Adam and I decide we need a night out, the kids are happy to see us go so that they can play with one of their favorite cousins ;)

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Im glad Soren is better. Have fun on your date!! See you soon.

weesie said...

poor soren boy :( He's such a sweet guy. Have fun tonight on your date