Friday, June 25, 2010

Dentist and Salmon

Yesterday, Synnove and I went to the dentist for our 6-month cleaning. I was planning on going home right afterwards to cook up the rest of the salmon Synnove caught on Saturday. While waiting for her cleaning to finish, I browsed through the May issue of Food Network Magazine. As I was drooling over all the pages, I came across a recipe for curried salmon cakes with mango salad. They looked absolutely delicious! So, I snapped a photo of the recipe with my trusty iPhone and headed to the store to pick up the ingredients. I had planned to mow the lawn that evening, but the prep for these cakes/salad took up quite a bit of time and the kitchen was a disaster when I was done. They were really good, and even the kids liked them! I found the recipe on a blog HERE.

They turned out so fabulously that I had to put them on a fancy platter and take a picture. The picture doesn't do the cakes justice :)

1 comment:

Suzi said...

We'll have to call you Martha Nicole :). Great Job! Looks good! I copied the recipe too