Saturday, November 8, 2008

Weesie's Wedding Day

The last two weeks have been non-stop. First was the bachelorette party! We had a great time downtown P-town and staying at the Embassy! I was the oldie-moldie...but practically the life of the party =) Then, it was dress-alterations...a spendy undertaking...but needed. Then it was all those last-minute things leading up to the weekend...

And what a weekend it was! Halloween, rehearsal, wedding...almost too much for my children to handle! Synnove was the flower girl (her third wedding!) and has been SOOO excited for Auntie Weesie to get married. She's been talking about the dress since April! And she was a princess...as you can see from the pics. She was made to be a "junior bride"...she had her own veil, tiara, and even a train with a bustle! My darling mom-in-law came for the weekend to help out, do our hair, and, of course, go to the wedding. She was a life saver! It was a headache trying to juggle kids from practice up-dos, to trick-or-treating, to rehearsal. I felt so bad because Synnove has been talking about trick-or-treating since LAST year! We were only able to go downtown Astoria for 20 minutes of LAME trick-or-treating before having to go to rehearsal. Needless to say, she was disappointed with the arrangement...it wasn't even dark yet! It certainly wasn't like last year. Novie was a fairy/butterfly, and Soren was a pirate. We were so rushed, that I didn't even get a picture.

Rehearsal went well, dinner was great, and Saturday was a whirlwind of crazy. Again, my mom-in-law was a life saver. It's rough having little ones sometimes...they make every task 10 times harder to accomplish! She also took some great pics. Here are a few from the day...

A rare photo of myself...(I'm usually the one taking pictures)
My mother looked absolutely stunning...she's so beautiful!

The darling couple at the reception (The Loft) at the Bridgewater Bistro.


Dancing with Daddy (he had knee surgery the week before!)


Novie and Chris's nephew Ryan (the ring-bearer). He was SOO incredibly cute! They danced and he "twirled" her like a pro. They are only 2 weeks apart in age!

Farewell to Cabo San Lucas! I pelted Chris good!

Anyway, after that was over I was able to get back to my PAINTING! I FINISHED on Thursday!!!!! I just have a little bit to do where the track lighting is in the main room...but first we have to get the new fixtures. I'm SOOO happy to be done...you have NO idea!



2 comments:

Colie said...

I'm glad I'm in the "in crowd". Anyways ... you look georgous - as does the bride. It sounds like an exhausting weekend but very fantastic! I can't believe you started right up painting again. My goodness friend - do you ever rest?

Melody C. Bondurant said...

How exciting. I second that my mother in law is a life saver. Oh, how many times she's been the extra help I've needed. Congrats to your sis and how adorable Synnove (sp) looked.