Monday, November 17, 2008

The Last Few Days...

It's now day 3 at mom and dad's house, and the bed-wetting has returned. I'm still optimistic for our return home tomorrow, but it's a disappointment. Still, the kids are having fun spending time with Grandma and Papa...and the hunting continues.

Adam has been trying his best to get his first elk with 2 "almosts" under his belt. At least he has that much! It was unbelievable when a small herd appeared in our backyard the afternoon of the day BEFORE hunting season opened. Adam searched them out early the next morning, only to be startled by two shots in the property right next to ours. And yesterday he went out with my dad and spotted an elk and had a clear shot to shoot. However, they couldn't determine for sure if it was legal (enough spikes on his rack) and let it go. Fortunately, Adam doesn't seem too bummed, and continues to go out every night and morning (last day is tomorrow).

In the meantime, the kids and I have been hanging out at the house. My sister has just moved out (obviously) and my mom and I have been stripping the little girl ballerina wallpaper off the wall and choosing some neutral tones to downplay the purple carpet. It seems my brother wants to move in for the added space. Henry, being the only boy, got jipped in the room-size department. When my parents built this house Henry was about 7 and my sister was 9...so their wallpaper and carpet choices match their ages (hence, the purple). And despite the fact that this house is only around 12 years old, the carpet in my sister's room is trash...and not for lack of quality. The word "clean" isn't in my sister's vocabulary. So, it's been a bit difficult trying to make "hideously stained" and "purple" fit with any sort of scheme that my brother could live with. Nevertheless, it has been accomplished the best we could and the paint is being purchased as I type.

I suppose I should go get my paint clothes on...

No comments: