Saturday, November 22, 2008

Drumroll Please....

Here it is...the basement I've been talking about for the last couple of months! I have a few before and after pics (or rather, "after and before"...couldn't get the pics to do what I wanted them to). I don't have all the pictures up yet, and it's still a bit messy, but you'll get the idea. The "before" pics are from when we first toured the house back in May of '07.

In the main room, with the painted brick and new insert (which you already saw)



This is the play-room/computer area


More of the main room (don't mind the awesome garage sale furniture)



New track lighting! You can see the old track lighting was mounted on thick cork-board that I had to scrape off...glue and all.


I didn't get a good shot of the hallway, but I painted all 6 doors the same color as the trim and gave our recessed fluorescents a face lift with ridiculously expensive window cling (not a very good pic...but you get the idea).


And that's all folks! Anyone want to donate to the new carpet fund?? Hee hee...

2 comments:

Tara said...

Good Job Nicole!!! I have the same basement! However, the previous owner had half heartedly painted half the cedar paneling electric blue..UGH.. so we sheetrocked over all but one wall.. after seeing what you had to do to revitalized it.. I am sooo glad we were able to sheetrock!! I would have gotten it half painted and given up.. :) KUDOS to you for getting through the whole project!!

Colie said...

Wow! I'm impressed my friend. Great job. Do you get a break now? I hope so:-).