Friday, September 30, 2011

Baby "B" Will "Bee" Here SOON!

I don't think it really hit me till last week...the excitement, that is...that my little Sis is gonna have a baby! Quite honestly, I can't wait till little baby B comes in November. I've been an aunt since I got married, but now one of my siblings is having a baby! WOOT!

Of course, it was only fitting that I throw her a baby shower. With all of the busy-ness of my life, I was actually having a hard time devoting enough of my energy to making it great. I thought about it all summer, but knew I still had time so procrastinated. After Labor Day Camping I kicked it into high gear and eked out slots of time to work on it. I was thrilled that Elise had chosen a bumble bee theme for her nursery. I had never been to a bee-themed shower and was excited at all the possibilities. After much searching I found a fantastic custom jpeg kit on Etsy.com and went from there. Everything that I couldn't print, I had to make or find supplies for. But, I enjoyed every detail...especially the embossed bee and honey stamps (dug up from some old Winnie the Pooh stamps I had as a kid) on the outside of the invitation envelopes. When you have a great theme...it's easy to go the extra mile :)

The shower was set to take place on September 18th, so I spent all of the day prior, my birthday, getting things ready at my Mom's house. Sounds kinda sad, but it really wasn't...I got to sleep in that day, Adam and the kids took me to lunch at "The Logger" and then mom and dad took me and the kids to dinner at "Fultano's" (only the BEST pizza place EVER)! I stayed late at my mom's that night prepping and baking. I was saved my my Grandma Barb who pitched in and bought all of the fruit for the event and then stayed to help cut it up. Writing it all down makes it sound like a lot of work...it was. There were close to 50 people invited!

The morning of the 18th I skipped church to head back to my mom's to finish up the cupcakes. I was making special pudding-filled "Boston Creme Cupcakes" and they had to set for at least an hour before serving. Then we started carting everything down to the basement. We had no choice...the basement was the only place that would accommodate that many people.

Of course, several didn't show, but we still had a large crowd. We played games, and enjoyed the food. Elise had fun, and that's what matters :)


Boston Creme Cupcakes

Party favors...honey sticks

Chris and Elise's friend Heidi Fastabend brought her this creative crown that says "preggers" on it :)


Aunt Alice and Fi Fi made her a diaper "cake" loaded with goodies


Vickie Howe (pictured left)made this beautiful bee quilt for the baby. Vickie owns the hair salon next to Elise's coffee shop and she used to live across the street from our house when we were kids. Vickie made both Elise and I beautiful teddy bears when Elise was born that we still have :)


With all the games and visiting, the shower lasted quite a long time. Weesie got lots of great stuff including lots of green, yellow, and white clothes. It's fun not knowing if you're gonna have a boy or a girl!

2 comments:

weesie said...

thank you so much sissy :) that was by far the best shower i have ever been at :) and yes I'm glad you suggested a 'bee' theme! It fits perfectly in the nursery!!! Baby B can't wait to meet Auntie

Suzi said...

I too wish that I could have devoted more time to putting things together. It's fun to plan and hunt for things. Thanks for taking charge and having the brains in the operation. As usual. :) It was a splendid time.