Monday, September 26, 2011

The Enchanted Forest

From August 31st

It was the week before Labor Day weekend, and we were swamped with things to do. Adam had taken the week off to do some deer hunting (never happened) and to do the large scheduled maintenance project on the Honda. I had endless things going on...I recall some MK, school orientation, canning tuna, getting last minute parts for the Honda, and getting ready for camping. So, it greatly surprised me when Adam announces on Tuesday night that he wants to take the kids to the Enchanted Forest. He wasn't even halfway done with the car, and I was planning to be out camping by Thursday. I really wasn't keen on cramming one more event into our already packed week. But, despite my protest, Adam's stubbornness won (that's the nicest way I can think to describe it...lol!)

I was already set to meet my dad at his house at 9:00 the morning Adam had intended to leave to can tuna, so I convinced Adam to leave a couple of hours later so that I could be a part of the kids' adventure. He was happy to wait. It was just last September when Adam had decided he wanted to take the kids to the Enchanted Forest and we got into a car accident on the way. He wanted to make sure the kids got there before they were too old to appreciate it. I had never been, but Adam really enjoyed it as a kid.

So, at about 11:00 we began our 3-hour trek to Turner, OR in our 1980 Mercedes Benz. The kids, including Adam, thoroughly enjoyed themselves while I played photographer.


Entering the park...

Once we got through the whole park, the kids wanted to do it again



1 comment:

Suzi said...

You're just getting them warmed up for Disney World.... :) ..save your money $