Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter

Easter was pretty fun this year. The kids couldn't wait to color and hunt eggs...and get presents from the Easter Bunny. We went to an egg hunt the weekend before Easter that was actually a fundraiser for a sick baby in our little town. I was so impressed with the huge crowd and all the volunteers. There was fantastic face painting, crafts, raffles, pictures with the Easter Bunny, balloon animals, and even the always popular bouncy house!


I think there were hunts for 4 different age groups.

Synnove had more eggs than she could fit in her basket!


On the Saturday before Easter, I took the kids to my Grandma's house for what I hope will be a new tradition! Back when I was a kid, my cousins (Wendey and Wesley) and I would always go to the annual egg hunt at the Warrenton High School and then head over to Grandma's house for all-day egg coloring, candy eating, and egg hunting. This year, it was fun to see our kids participating in the same fun. Unfortunately, Wesley's kids were sick and couldn't make it. It was a gorgeous day, and all the mess was able to stay outdoors.


The kids really enjoyed mixing and sharing colors...and they all got along!


My favorite part...basket filling time!


Bright and early the next morning, the kids found their gifts from the Easter Bunny. They had been begging for Hungry Hungry Hippos for months...and they finally got it! They just HAD to try it out as soon as they got back from church!




Our church had a special service at the Astoria High School Auditorium with special speaker Josh McDowell. I hadn't heard of him...but from the buzz around town in the weeks before, I realized he was kind of a big deal. Even Adam knew who he was...I was clueless. Anyway, he spoke on the resurrection and shared tidbits from his own horrific childhood. It was a great service. Afterwards we headed to Ridgefield, WA for our annual family dinner at Aunt Kathi and Uncle Steve's. Unfortunately, I didn't capture any photos, but the kids enjoyed hunting eggs with their big cousins along with Lyndel and Kevin's little one, Bristol and her brother Trenton.


Needless to say, the kids have enough candy to last them till next Easter!

No comments: