Monday, August 9, 2010

Friends and Bees

Last week my friend Margo was in town. She doesn't come into town very often...so I get to see her about once a year. Fortunately, she was able to get together on Monday (my ONLY free day!). Synnove, who remembers her girls, Abby and Norah, was excited to have visitors. And thank goodness Soren is well-adjusted to being the only boy, because that situation seems to happen often.

As usual, Margo and I chatted while the kids played. We had few meltdowns, and only a smidge of whine (pretty good if you ask me). Abby, Margo's oldest, is quite the "pretender" and got the kids together to create a party with snacks and games for Margo and I. We played "toss the plum" and "find the plum" and had a mini scavenger hunt.

Self-portrait
Toeheads =)
Later that day, Adam planned on spraying the massive yellow-jacket hive above our garage. We only discovered it a couple of weeks ago and were shocked at the size!! I wish I would have had my camera out when Adam went on the roof to spray it. Adam didn't want to get stung so he put on a white "Hazmat-type" suit (something he inherited from his old job), two pairs of gloves, and a motorcycle helmet with a full face cover. OH MY GOODNESS it was HILARIOUS! He looked like an under-puffed astronaut. He didn't kill all the bees with the 2 cans of spray so he's gonna have to go up there again. Maybe I'll get a picture next time!!??

1 comment:

HB said...

You have to get a picture of your cosmonaut