Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Lizards, Cars, Trees, Eggs, Rubber Chickens, Etc.

I'm just playing picture catch-up from the last few weeks...

NO, this is NOT a salamander!!! This LIZARD was in my HOUSE!! I had to catch it with a wad of baby wipes and toss it outside myself (Adam was at work). I have never seen a lizard in this area of Oregon before...but here it is! It was probably 8-9 inches long.


This is Soren's newest best friend..."bokka bokka." It's a small rubber chicken that he carries around and makes nests for, kisses, and hugs. He's got it in October while at Deals Only (a local discount store) with my mom...it used to be a key chain. In the pictures, the infamous chicken is wearing a dress that I put on it from one of Synnove's miniature Barbies.

Notice the "nest" happens to be inside a play cooking pot...ha ha.


Here's a couple of photos from Thanksgiving. My grandma Barbara always has toys stashed for the kids to play with. Soren found a box of cars and even the "big" boys got in on the fun.

And here's another great shot. Sleeping...wrestling...typical after-feast activities.

Here's a shot from when we tried to burn some of our brush-pile a couple of weeks ago. We invited Chris and Elise for a hot dog roast.
Last Sunday we went to Beaverton for Samantha's (my niece) 8th birthday at the Oregon Gymnastics Academy. I didn't really get any good pics...but here's one of Synnove anyway.

I thought I'd snap a shot of some of our eggs! Our hens have not been laying in the last few months, but recently we've had 4 hens starting up again. The eggs on the top are from our Old English hens...they're like cute mini-chickens that lay cute mini-eggs. This is probably a weeks worth of eggs from 4 hens.

Adam decided to give the kids their own trees for their rooms this year since we have a bunch we'll be getting rid of anyway around the property. They decorated them last night. Soren loved the "Tigger-Pooh" ornaments, as he calls all Winnie the Pooh characters. You can also catch a glimpse of the awesome 70's carpet!

Synnove really got into it, despite her sparse tree. I couldn't get her to stop being silly to get a good picture =)

1 comment:

Carole said...

I can't believe that there are lizards like that around here!

I love Synnove's Charlie Brown tree.