Monday, December 22, 2008

Hello Sunshine, It's GREAT to See You!

Arg! I can't believe these words are about to come out of my mouth but...I'm sick of this snow! I have not been in a vehicle, other than a sled, since last Sunday! Yesterday, I thought we would be able to escape because the forecast said that the temp was gonna go up to 40 degrees by early evening. But, by 2ish, the rain had turned into HUGE snowflakes and didn't let up till evening. The temp never went passed 34 yesterday =( I was so bummed. But, as I type, the blue sky is out and the sun is melting the snow. The trees are so weighted down that I fear one will fall on my house before too long!

Yesterday, as I was going out to get more wood for the fire, I found that the pathway to get to the wood was blocked by large low-lying limbs. Upon further investigation, I realized that these limbs were also lying on a bunch of cables that went from our house to the power pole. Uhh...that's no good! So, I alerted Adam and we all went out at 5 to help him clear the branches that he was about to cut down. We were 99% certain that these wires were not important. One wire, we postulated, was connected to the old TV/radio antenna, and the other was used for "modern day" cable TV. We have satellite...so these were not of use to us. Adam cut down several branches with little problem...until the last one. The branch ripped one of those wires right out of the hole in the house! No biggy...just the old antenna wire =)

Anyway, after that little incident, I started to fear for my life! Huge branches were breaking all around us (on their own) from the weight of the snow. Adam and I even contemplated sleeping in the basement for fear of a tree falling through our house! We survived the night, though, and the snow is dropping in clumps off of the trees.

The snow was great fun, but I certainly welcome the thaw!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a tree coming down is quite a fear of mine to. That and getting too much snow for my roof and it falling under all the weight. Glad every thing is ok up there.
Jessica

Anonymous said...

Hey I was wondering if I could get your mailing address please!!! you have my e-mail but here it is just in case. luckygal319@yahoo.com
Amber Allen