Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Mr. and Mrs. Thompson

Daniel and Heather got married on Monday, April 9th...yes, Monday.  Apparently, the number 9 has some meaning...don't ask me what.  It was a whirlwind day, but absolutely beautiful considering they had 5 weeks to plan.  As I type, they are headed to Florida with Heather's parents on a trip that's been planned for months.  The trip was a gift for Heather's graduation from massage school and they invited Daniel to come too.  So, they decided to get married two days prior and make it a honeymoon as well!  Though it was a short engagement, this was no shotgun wedding.  I think they are just two love birds who know what they want and wanted to take the next step.  When they got together last July, I admit I thought they were an unlikely pair...but as the weeks passed, it was hard not to see how perfect they were.  I'm so happy for them!

I took quite a few pictures, and it was hard to pick just a few. I decreased the size of these so they aren't the best quality...but you get the idea...



Emily (a friend from massage school) and Heidi were bridesmaids.  Faith and Tyler (Heather's niece and nephew) and Synnove and Soren were flower girls and ring bearers. Not pictured...Steve Tadei and Henry Balensifer (groomsmen)


Getting ready to walk down the aisle

Lots of happy tears. Daniel giving his dad a big hug.

teary mommies

My great grandma Ruth Thompson made the cake for Don and Alice's wedding 24 years ago, so Doris (Alice's mom) thought it was only fitting to make the cake for Daniel's wedding.  She even made the groom's cake...Daniel's favorite (and mine)...chocolate.  Usually, I'm a white cake girl...but Doris' chocolate cake is to DIE for!  She even let me take the extra chocolate cake home! YUMM!

Synnove and Faith watching the cake cutting.




Off to their new apartment in Warrenton...Daniel had to go to work the next morning :)

No comments: