Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter

Oh boy, Easter was a busy one this year.  The marathon started on Friday.  Synnove went to school and my Dad picked up Soren so I could clean 3 houses with Andrea before 2:40 (when the kids were going to be dropped off at her house by the bus).  From Andrea's I headed to Warrenton to drop Synnove off with my Mom and go to Les Shwab to get my studded tires off.  Synnove had a big school project due on Monday, and Friday night was going to be the only time that she I could get it done. We worked on the project while my car was being worked on. Meanwhile, Mom had planned a last-minute dinner at her house so that she could give all the kids their Easter baskets together.  A couple of weeks prior, Chris and Elise officially found out that Chris has an 11-year-old son.  As you can imagine, it's been an adjustment (to say the least), and as a family, we've been trying our best to make Forrest feel welcome.  Adam had taken the day off to take his Dad to the doctor in Portland, so he took a different way home so that he could have dinner with us.  We had Pizza.

The next morning, I got the kids ready to head over to my Grandma's in Warrenton to color eggs, eat candy, and have fun with the cousins.  It was a beautiful day and the kids had an exceptional time! We had Fultano's Pizza for lunch, hid eggs, and played with silly string.  We had to head out early to go to the rehersal for Daniel and Heather's wedding that the kids were asked to be flower girl and ring bearer in.  And guess where the rehearsal dinner was??...Fultano's Pizza.  Pizza for 3 meals in a row...wow.

On Easter Sunday the kids woke to gifts from the Easter Bunny and then we got ready for church.  We decided to go to my parent's church so that we could see family and friends.  Our church was having an early service, and was going to be much less intimate.  We had a wonderful breakfast at the church, I got to see some friends I haven't seen in many years, and the kids got to do another egg hunt!

After church, we all headed to Ridgefield, WA to have our traditional Easter celebration at my Aunt Kathi's house for more egg hunting and fantastic food.  We made it home at a reasonable time so that we could get the kids to bed for school and Daniel and Heather's wedding the next day...phew!

I only have pictures from Grandma Barb's house...

All the kids were there except Brielle...she was napping.

After I took this picture, I realized my camera was in manual focus...duh!

There were 3 girls and 3 boys so they took turns hiding eggs for each other.

Grandma bought everyone a can of silly string...60 seconds of mayhem

No comments: