Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Waiting...

I've been waiting since Friday for my little sis to have a baby. It's almost like torture, really. I'm super excited for this little one to come and the days have been dragging on and on and ON! She started contractions on Friday afternoon and she stayed home from work Saturday laboring at home. We thought for sure we'd have a baby by Sunday! Not the case. Arg! On Monday I spent the day babysitting her because everyone had to go to work and we didn't want to leave her alone in case her water broke. We thought that since she had been contracting for days that she could be dilated quite a bit and if her water broke the baby might not wait for the hospital! Elise had a doctor appointment at 4 and we were all sure that she would at least be at a 3 or 4 and they would admit her. Again...NOT the case! She was only almost to 2! She went to work today in the hopes that some regular activity would encourage some contracting. However, I've lost hope that the baby will make it's arrival by Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

weesie said...

Hey I'm trying impatient auntie :)

Suzi said...

Good things take time... :)