Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Halloween Part 2

Halloween is difficult when it's on a school night...especially when you're doing your trick-or-treating 1/2 an hour away from home. The kids and I got an early start and got to my mom's house at around 4. The plan was to hang out for a while, get ready, have dinner, and trick-or-treat. Unfortunately, dinner was pork roast and it was taking forever to reach temperature. We didn't get to head out until after 6 or 6:30.

We went out to my sister's neighborhood this year. She lives on a new street with lots of new houses and it's about 2 minutes from my parents house. Mom and I took them. I felt bad that we couldn't drive around Warrenton visiting friends and family like we usually do, but there just wasn't enough time. With smaller children, it is imperative to get them to bed at a decent hour. We ended our trick-or-treat run on my parent's road and ended up seeing a coyote race right passed us!


Synnove wanted to be a witch this year. We improvised her costume with some cute witch-like pajama's with fun striped legging pants, a little velvet shawl-type sweater (not in the pics), a big feathery hat, and fun hair-pieces. The makeup part was the most fun. She was a pretty witch...not an ugly one :)


I was happy that Soren decided it was ok to wear his hat to complete the astronaut costume. His light-up shoes were the perfect addition to his attire.



While waiting for dinner to be done, some friends and family showed up. Little Avyrie was a welcome treat.


Brielle and Tay (the Little Mermaid)




No comments: