Friday, October 21, 2011

I. will. NOT. give. up.

I enjoy this whole blog thing. Originally, I saw it as a way to cure some boredom, and document life. The problem is, I'm not bored anymore. I used to be that mom of little ones that never left the house and had few friends. Quite frankly, it sucked. I tried to be that mom that was happy to be at home with her kids. Don't get me wrong, I would not have had it any other way....raising my babies was a must! But my time with them was work...lonely work. Do I wish I could go back and smooch on Synnove and Soren's chubby little cheeks? Yes. But I certainly don't wish to go back to that time in my life. It is so freeing to have children that talk, go to the bathroom on their own, and can be active contributors to daily chores. In fact, right now I'm sitting in a freshly cleaned basement that my kids cleaned yesterday while I was painting upstairs. No, they didn't do it out of their own goodwill, I asked them to. But they cleaned it on their own without me going down to check!

One would think that I now have more time on my hands since my babies are now more independent. So untrue, because now they both have active lives outside the home. It's pretty fantastic, really. We are constantly going, doing, learning, and having fun! The kids have made friends with other kids, and I have made friends with their parents. And the friends I have made are great friends...friends I want to spend time with, work with, share with, have Bible study with, go on trips with, pray with, have one-on-one coffee with, etc. It's my kids, and these friends that have filled my once boring life with endless things to do. And, unless something drastic happens, I'm not leaving! I, along with my friends and family, get to watch my kids grow up here...a place where they are loved, supported, and cared for by many. What a blessing that is!

So, the blog suffers...and that's OK with me. I will persistently continue to document our lives, just less often than I or you would like.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

small sob from your friend down south :-( Kidding, I am happy for you. Miss you
Jessica