Friday, August 26, 2011

Good Intentions

Today I woke up with nothing pressing to do. "Pressing" is a relative term...if you know what I mean. I decided that I would make myself some eggs and spend some time prioritizing my day. The kids were glued to the TV upstairs, and instead of kicking them out so that I could watch a quick Paula Deen, I escaped to the basement to watch it there (which I NEVER do). While perusing through the channels I found a chick-flick that was just rolling the beginning credits...what luck!! Of course, within 5 minutes, the kids had followed me downstairs. The basement has sort of been off limits for the last week for reasons I intend to share later...so I told them to go back upstairs and finish watching whatever they were watching. Of course, that all took much longer than just a few minutes. I resumed my movie and egg eating (now cold). A commercial break came on so I decided to pause and download some pictures from my camera and prep for some much-needed blogging. In the process of waiting for my dinosaur of a computer to do that, I got distracted and started moving files and cleaning and organizing my computer desktop. That took a good 30-40 minutes. Then I started searching for pictures for my next blog topic...until I get a text from a friend that she needs some help moving some furniture. So...because I already had Blogger open to the "compose" page, I decided to write my intention. Until next time...off to do life again :)

No comments: