Saturday, September 25, 2010

First Day of School: Soren

My baby boy...


...is now in preschool. I'm so thankful for the little preschool we have out here. It's just plain wonderful. I love the people and I love the teacher. Fortunately, Soren gets to attend for 2 years! He's currently in the 3-4 year old class and goes to school Tuesdays and Thursdays. I was a bit surprised at his hesitation to go since he's been there so many times and knows Miss Kara well. At orientation, he was the only kid who wouldn't participate in circle! On the first day of school, he was so distraught at the thought of me leaving, that I decided to stay. Here's a few shots of the day...
The two boys that Soren is sitting next to are actually little brothers of students in Synnove's class!

Finding our eyes, ears, noses, and mouths...
Soren was pretty quiet all day. He wanted me to push him on the tire swing when we were out on the playground. He seemed annoyed when a little girl (Kendall) came to get a ride as well...

Then, when Abbie wanted a push as well, Soren was...well...his face says it all! LOL!

On Thursday I decided to leave him at school. I knew that he would be just fine after I left, but I was sad to go. Soren's face fell as I hugged and kissed him goodbye, and he even shed a small tear. As soon as I was gone, all was well and he went off to play. After I picked him up and brought him home, he was really proud to show me his apple project and recite the new poem he learned. So...for a guy that doesn't say much these days, I think he's happy to be a preschooler!

2 comments:

Suzi said...

He reminds me of your dad! That baby picture looks just like you at that age.

Anonymous said...

And Grandpa wants to thank you all again for the 3 big huge breakfast of chantrelles he had, they were really really good, can't wait until next year now.