Monday, May 10, 2010

Like Veggies? Check this Recipe...

When I'm trying to drop a few pounds I try my best to add lots of vegetables to my diet. Most nights, while dieting, I choose to skip regular dinner to eat a heaping plate of lightly sauteed onions, zucchini, and red peppers. I love this meal...I really do! But, if given the choice, I'd eat pasta, cheese, and bread for every meal.

Several YEARS ago I used to spend a lot of time watching the Food Network, and occasionally, I would print out recipes I would see on TV. I found this recipe in my recipe book the other day and decided it was the perfect compromise between like and LOVE =)

It's Giada's Baked Penne with Roasted Vegetables...YUM!!

LOTS of vegetables tossed with olive oil and Italian seasoning ready to head into the oven...
The final product.
Beware: it's a HUGE dish that will feed a regular sized family for days!

2 comments:

weesie said...

This actually looks REALLY good!

Suzi said...

I admire your creative determination! You're the best Girl ;)