Thursday, July 23, 2009

Pics from Newport Trip

So, I finally got some pictures from my Mom's camera from our Newport trip...

Adam missed out on most of the fun, but was with us in the evenings.


Each campsite had a common area...whether it be a field, a playground, or forest. This playground was down the road from us.

The wind was quite horrendous on the beach and the weather was foggy. After our shopping day in Lincoln City, we decided to check out Fogarty Creek beach to see if it would be a great place to go the next day. I had been there before on the trips I used to take with my Grandma Barb and knew that it would be a neat place to take the kids. There was little to no wind...so we were optimistic.
When we got there the next morning, the weather was still foggy (as it had been for most of the trip), but it was warm and there wasn't any crazy wind like on the other beaches. Fogarty Creek beach is different in that the sand is very coarse...but it's fun because the creek runs into the ocean and there are lots of really neat rocks to find!
Soren enjoyed letting his boat float down to Grandpa...over and over.

It wasn't so easy building sandcastles with such coarse sand.

On Friday (the last day) Adam had the day off, so we decided to go to the Oregon Coast Aquarium. Adam and I went there on our 1st anniversary, so it was fun to take our kids with us on our 7th. I had taken some pretty fun pictures of this day, but...oh well.

Here's Adam, Soren, Dad, and I touching sea annenomes and starfish.

Of course, the last day is often the best day...weather-wise

The kids were fascinated by the sharks...as you can see...
After leaving the aquarium, we went to the little tourist village next to it. We got the kids some pirate treasure boxes that they filled with shells and fake gold coins.
Here they are being pirates...with their treasures.


2 comments:

Mands said...

Aren't you and Adam cute in your his and hers plaid shirts! :)

HopeofAngels Cards said...

Nicole, You are AMAZING! I love your blog, and your writing is wonderful....each story makes me feel as if I'm experiencing what you're describing! I wanted to kill the camp host! LOL! Your kids are beautiful, and it warms my heart to read about you helping Elise with the fair. What shop does she have in town? Next time I'm in Astoria I want to stop there.
Kindly,
Lesa Hill-STewart
Bend, Oregon