Thursday, August 28, 2008

Fun weekend ahead!!

We're going camping today and staying till Monday! I'm so excited!! Synnove woke this morning with a TERRIBLE cough, and Soren hasn't stopped crying since breakfast. I'm SO ready to get away for a few days.

When I get home I'm gonna be starting on a BIG painting project...my entire downstairs. That also includes trying to "fix" my UGLY brick fireplace. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it? I don't know that I want to just paint it...I was thinking of touching it up somehow (after I try to clean it of course). I've also decided to paint over ALL the cedar (every single wall in my 1300 square ft. basement is covered in cedar...ceiling to floor. I'm gonna paint them white and some sort of tan color. Keep that in mind when thinking about the fireplace. You can sort of get an idea of my basement in the pic of Adam taking out the old woodstove in the last blog.

I would LOVE to hear any of your fabulous ideas.. =)

1 comment:

Kami said...

I had an ugly brick fireplace in my last house and I painted it bright white and accented the mantel with black (candleholders, etc). I loved it and would do it again in a heartbeat - it gave the room a fresh, clean, modern feel.